You will need:
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
200 g Red Lentils
1 Large Swede, peeled and roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 Large Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 300g mashed potato (oven baked at 200C, for around 30 to 40 minutes, with skin). Check with a toothpick if they are ready - it should go in easily. Then peel and mashed after they have cooled down.
- 100g pumpkin puree (cut in halves, oven baked at 200C, for around 30 to 40 minutes. Peel and pureed after they have cooled down.
- 150g flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Organic extra virgin olive oil
- Kampot Pepper
- Organic sage leaves
1. 🥣 Gently mix the first 4 ingredients until it forms a ball and season with salt and pepper. Be careful to not knead or overmix, or the gnocchi will get elastic and hard.
2. 🔪 Once the dough is mixed (it may be sticky, but hard enough to handle), divide them in small portions and roll each one in a rope shape of approximately 1cm diameter. Cut the rope in small pillows and place them in a surface covered with tea towel dusted with some flour. Alternatively roll small balls with floured hands.
3. ♨️ Bring salted water to boil. Once boiling, add the dried sage and then the gnocchis (a little at a time). Once the gnocchis are in the boiling water, take a spoon and stir them a little just to make sure they do not stick to the bottom. Scoop them out once they come back up to the surface. Drain them in a colander.
4. 👩🏻🍳 Serve with your preferred sauce. We like brown butter with sage leaves! To make it, bring a pan to a medium heat with 2 knobs of butter. Gently melt the butter until golden brown. Add the reserved sage leaves (dry well with kitchen paper), season with salt and paper and add the cooked gnocchi. Let them change colour slowly and when you have a nice caramel colour around them, put them on a plate and serve them. If you have some grated cheese in your fridge, you can put some at the top, it works very well!
You can freeze the gnocchi before cooking them. To unfreeze, take them out of the freezer and put them straight into boiling water.
We have put together a kit with all the ingredients listed above (apart from the grated cheese), that you can find here. 🍽️
Bon Appetit ! 👩🏻🌾
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!