Swede and Lentil Jungle Curry
You will need:
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
200 g Red Lentils
1 Large Swede, peeled and roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 Large Carrots, peeled and roughly chopped into 1 inch pieces
If you are making homemade curry paste:
50 g Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 Medium Onions, peeled and halved
1 Medium Red Chilli, stem removed
30 g Fresh Coriander
6 Cloves Garlic, peeled
2 Medium Limes, juiced
2 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1. 🌪️ Place all of the paste ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
2. 🥘 Heat a large deep pan over a medium to high heat. Pour in your curry paste and fry for 2-4 minutes until most of the moisture is removed and the it has begun to take a little colour.
3. 🔪 Add the chopped carrot and swede, the red lentils and finally the litre of vegetable stock. Stir the pan to combine the curry paste with the stock.
4. ⏳ Bring the pan to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer (lid off) for 20 minutes.
5. 🍲 Now pour about 1/3 of the mixture back into your food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
6. 👩🏻🍳 Return the blended mixture back to the pan with the rest of the curry. Stir to combine and heat through for a few minutes more.
Serve with jasmin rice or cauliflower rice.
Bon Appetit ! 👩🏻🌾
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!