Sri Lankan Okra and Coconut Curry
You will need
- 250 g Okra trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt Sea or Himalayan
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil cold pressed
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- 1 Medium Onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes dried
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Coriander ground
- 1 tsp Turmeric ground
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes canned or chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk Organic
- 1 tsp Lemon or Lime juice
- Wash okra and place in a bowl. Toss with turmeric and salt and set aside
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add curry leaves, mustard seeds, onion and dried chilli.
- Saute for 3 minutes, but don't let the mustard seeds burn
- Add okra to the pan, ground chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric and tomatoes.
- Cook until slightly brown, tossing all the time so the dry ingredients don't burn.
- Add salt to taste
- Add coconut milk, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the okra is cooked - around 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add lemon or lime juice and stir through
- Don't overcook the vegetables. The okra should still have a slight crunch.
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!