Roasted vegetable galette
Mmmm... Add this crispy, filled with layers of delicous roasted vegetables galette to your recipe list. Making it is super easy...
For the pie pastry:
2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup 227g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 egg yolk plus 1 tsp milk whisked, for brushing
For the filling:
2 tbsps unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsps red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsps crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
For the veggetable layer:
1 small sweet potato peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (you can use a combination of orange and white flesh sweet potatoes)
- 1/4 peeled butternut squash thin end, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small red beet peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small carrot regular of heirloom with different colors, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tbsps crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- To make the pie crust dough, in a food processor, pulse the flour and the salt for 2 seconds. Add the butter and pulse a few times until the butter is the size of peas. Add the water and vinegar and pulse a few more times. The dough will look like a pile of wet crumbs, it does not need to come to a ball. Remove the dough from the food processor and dump on a large piece of Saran wrap. Pick up the corners and twist tightly to make the dough form a solid ball, then press the dough into a disk. If it's still crumbly, gently press with your palms, but do it quickly, you don't want to melt the butter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Position rack in the bottom third of oven, and preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, vinegar and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onions to a bowl, add the cream cheese, blue cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- On a lightly ﬂoured surface, roll out the pie crust dough into a 14-inch circle. Spread the onion/cheese mixture on top of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border.
- Arrange the vegetables slices in a circle over the onion/cheese mixture, alternating between different vegetables and colors. Sprinkle blue cheese and salt over vegetables. Fold excess dough up and over the vegetables.
- Brush the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake until the vegetables are tender and the crust is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and chopped thyme.
- Remove the galette from oven, drizzle the oil/vinegar/thyme mixture over vegetables, slice and serve.
Recipe by Victor| https://cravingtasty.com/vegetable-galette/
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!