Gluten Free Polenta Cake
Here is the recipe for a delicious, fluffy gluten free cake
You will need:
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated, at room temperature
2.5 cups milk
150 ml olive oil
1 cup custard sugar
1.5 cups polenta flour
0.5 cups almond flour
1 table spoon baking powder
1 table spoon fennel seeds or dried rosemary (optional)
1. 👩🏻🍳 Mix milk, olive oil, sugar, fennel seeds or rosemary (optional) and polenta flour in a pan and bring to boil mixing constantly until the dough is creamy and you can see the bottom of the pan.
2. 🔥 Turn off the heat, add the almond flour and let cool. Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 180C and line a cake pan with baking paper (or grease well).
3. 🥚 Add yolks and baking powder and mix well.
4. 🌪️ Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and mix with the polenta mix, being very careful to not overmix.
5. ♨️ Put the polenta mix in the cake pan and smooth the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 – 40 min, check the readiness of the cake inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean the cake is ready.
Thank you Hiroko Fujino for this recipe! Enjoy !
Join our What's App distribution list to find out what our farmers are sending us each week
Leave your phone number below to be added to the list.
If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!