Marinated Eggplant Salad
- 2 big eggplants
- 1 ripe tomato 🍅, cut in cubes
- 1/2 onion🧅, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped 🌿
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup of lemon🍋 juice
- salt 🧂 and pepper
- Cut the eggplants🍆 in sticks, place in a colander and sprinkle with salt to remove the bitterness. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water 💧 to boil. After 15 minutes, wash the eggplants and drain. Cook in boiling water for 3-4 minutes (the eggplants float, so mix with a wooden spoon to cook evenly) and drain in a colander until cool enough to handle
- While the eggplants are cooling, prepare the marinade: mix tomato, onion, spring onion, fresh parsley, olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the excess of water from the eggplant and transfer to a container with lid. Mix with the marinade and rest in the fridge for a couple of hours, the longer it marinates, the better it will taste!
- Serve as a side, as a sandwich or on top of a crusty bread and enjoy!
Thank you Hiroko for this great recipe!
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!