Marinated beet salad
You will need:
2 medium sized beetroot
1 small onion
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
And for the dressing:
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup Organic Olive oil
salt and kampot pepper
Add mustard seeds and/or bay leaf to the dressing for an extra flavour
1. Wash the beetroot and boil in water until tender (check with a toothpick: if it goes through easily it’s ready), it may take 30-40 min. Drain and let cool.
2. Slice the onion and let it soak in icy water for 15-20 min (this will reduce the strong onion smell). Drain well.
3. Peel the cooked beetroot and slice (around 1.5cm thickness).
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients and reserve.
5. In a container (preferably with lid) layer the ingredients: start with 1 layer of beetroot, 1 layer of onion and pour some dressing on top. Continue the layers until you finish all ingredients. Sprinkle the top layer with chopped parsley.
6. Close the container and let it marinate in the fridge for at least overnight.
7. This salad keeps well for 3-4 days in the fridge.
12 Free Range Eggs
Organic Tomatoes - Heirloom (farm in transition)
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!