Greek Green Beans
You will need
- Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 28-oz can peeled whole tomato
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ lb fresh French green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces (frozen green beans work wonderfully in this recipe)
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 lb), cut into small piece (½ to ¾-inch pieces)
- Salt and black pepper
- lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees F.
- In a large dutch oven, heat ¼ cup Olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender, stirring occasionally (about 5 mins). Then add the garlic, cumin, and oregano. Cook another 2 mins, stirring regularly, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, water, bay leaf, beans, and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat and bring to a high simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and transfer to the heated oven. Cook until the sauce slightly thickens, and the beans and potatoes can easily be cut with side of your fork; about 35 minutes or so. (It's a good idea to check once partway through cooking, add a little bit of water if needed.)
- Remove from oven and stir in 2 tbsp lemon juice and chopped fresh parsley. Stir in a generous drizzle of olive oil (at least another ¼ cup).
- Serve immediately with Greek pita bread or your favorite rustic bread to sop up the sauce!
Recipe and picture by the Mediterranean Dish | https://www.themediterraneandish.com/greek-green-beans-fasolakia/
12 Free Range Eggs
Organic Tomatoes - Heirloom (farm in transition)
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!