Beef and Mushroom Shepherd's Pie
- 450 grams organic minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 225 grams organic mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 240 ml beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 60 ml organic milk
- 60 ml organic butter
- 60 grams shredded organic cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large skillet, cook minced beef over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add onions and garlic to the skillet and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas and remove from heat.
- In a separate pot, boil chopped potatoes until tender. Drain and mash with milk, butter, and salt to taste.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a large baking dish and spread mashed potatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade organic Beef and Mushroom Shepherd's Pie!
12 Free Range Eggs
Organic Tomatoes - Heirloom (farm in transition)
What's on the menu
Sign up below to be added to our WhatsApp distribution list and be the first to know once our stocks have been updated!
We take pride to always try to bring produces that are grown as close as possible to us. We fly things in only if they are not available nearby. If you would like to order a produce that you are not seeing listed here, leave your email and a note and we will try to add it!